Office Location: Memphis, TN or Jackson, MS area
The Staff Accountant will provide vital support to the Finance and Accounting Department of First Commercial Bank. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Handles the day-day accounts payable function – Receives, inputs, and processes accounts payable invoices. Maintains vendor files, securing proper documentation.
- Ensures accuracy of 1099 NEC and 1099 MISC reporting
- Manages fixed asset ledger by calculating and reconciling monthly depreciation of fixed assets, securing proper documentation.
- Calculates and reports prepaids
- Calculates, reports, and transmits personal property taxes and use tax
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations researching variances as needed
- Accurately posts general ledger entries
- Responds to related audit requests
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three to five years of experience working in an accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form.
- Ability to take initiative in problem solving and use sound judgment to produce practical solutions.