(Positions are Potentially Available in Our Memphis, TN and Southaven, MS Markets)
The Mortgage Lending Specialist will initiate the mortgage process for potential clients, preparing, analyzing, and verifying mortgage loan applications for the purchase or refinance of real estate.
- May assist with training new mortgage officers.
- Commits to following the Bank’s Client Experience Commitment with all interactions, both to our external clients, as well as the Bank’s associates, our internal clients.
- Meets with and interviews potential and current clients to understand their lending needs including first-time mortgages and refinance of existing loans.
- Explains the differences between and approval requirements of various types of mortgages; prepares and presents a lending package based on client specifications.
- Assists clients with completion of mortgage applications, inspecting completed documents for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reviews loan applications, gathers credit histories and reports, and assesses applicant’s capacity to repay and default risk.
- Based on predetermined requirements, assesses, and grants or rejects mortgage applications.
- Views or visits property for real estate purchase or refinance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the local real estate market; current and predicted lending rates; and changes in rules, regulations, and best practices of various mortgages.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local realtors, developers, and builders to promote and encourage the use of bank services for residential mortgages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), Federal National Mortgage (Fannie Mae), and other types of construction and conventional loans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration required.
- One to three years of prior experience in lending or related field preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The Bank’s professional working environment requires associates to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Associates must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely with internal business partners and external clients. Associates may be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the working environment, therefore, must always uphold confidentiality. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high-risk situations (i.e., robbery), detailed instructions and procedures must be always followed to safeguard the Bank’s associates, clients, and assets.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please forward your resume to [email protected]