Location: Jackson-Metro area
The Client Services Advisor will serve as the primary point of contact for many clients of the Bank. In this role, the Client Services Advisor will commit to following the Bank’s Client Experience Commitment with all interactions, both to our external clients, as well as the Bank’s associates, our internal clients. The Client Services Advisor will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day sales and operations of the First Commercial office. This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
- Commit to following the Bank’s Client Experience Commitment with all interactions, both to our external clients, as well as the Bank’s associates, our internal clients.
- Answer client questions regarding products and services.
- Understand and process transactions according to the Bank’s New Account Opening and Maintenance Policy and Procedure Manual, including but not limited to the following:
- New account opening (deposit accounts, certificates of deposit, IRA, safe deposit box, etc.) ensuring that proper documentation is obtained, completed, and filed prior to opening or maintaining an account (Driver License, entity documents, etc.)
- Account maintenance activities, including changes of address, account ownership, account type and others.
- Order debit cards
- Conduct account research (statements, copies of checks, etc.)
- Understand and process transactions according to the Bank’s Teller Transactions Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Research and resolve client issues by acting as the liaison between the client and internal bank departments.
- Work with the Bank’s Operations Team on additional client needs, including but not limited to the following:
- Online banking requests
- Regulation E disputes
- Stop payment requests
- Assist Managing Directors with additional client interactions, as requested.
- Stay abreast of the Bank’s products, policies, and procedures, and communicate these clearly to the client when needed.
- Assist clients with safe deposit box entry.
- Process wire transfer requests in the eWire system.
- Perform lockbox and notary services, as needed.
- Serve as a back-up Concierge when necessary.
- Process daily mail for the office.
- Promote a client service focused environment in the office by encouraging teamwork.
- Ensure office and individual desk area remains clean and clutter-free.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Client service skills, including the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with clients and associates.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Previous cash-handling and/or teller experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (exude confidence, friendliness, and enthusiasm)
- Great verbal communication skills (speak clearly, respond appropriately, use pleasant and courteous language)
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Understanding of federal bank regulations
- Knowledge of all necessary computer applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to count cash and coin
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The Bank’s professional working environment requires associates to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Associates must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely with internal business partners and external clients. Associates may be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the working environment, therefore, must always uphold confidentiality. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high-risk situations (i.e., robbery), detailed instructions and procedures must be always followed to safeguard the Bank’s associates, clients, and assets.