Location: Jackson-Highland Bluff Office
The Accountant will provide vital support to the Finance and Accounting Department of First Commercial and will commit to following the Bank’s Client Service Commitment in all interactions, with both external clients and internal clients (Bank associates). This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer.
Prepare all daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations, including:
- Daily GL accounts
- Daily Official Check Reconciliations
- Weekly ACH Tracker reconciliation
- Monthly checking account reconciliations
- Monthly Asset/Liability Account Reconciliation Schedule
- Key posting entries
- Serve as a Back-Up for Accounts Payable
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of two (2) years job-related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of all necessary computer applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Reconciling experience preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The Bank’s professional working environment requires associates to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Associates must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely with internal business partners and external clients. Associates may be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the working environment, therefore, must always uphold confidentiality. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high-risk situations (i.e., robbery), detailed instructions and procedures must always be followed to safeguard the Bank’s associates, clients, and assets.
About First Commercial:
First Commercial Bank is a strong, growing bank with over $700 million in total assets with strong growth opportunities on the horizon. This is a great opportunity to join the Finance and Accounting department and potentially learn all aspects of the department over time.